Sunday, February 11, 2007
Briefing Day 07 @ Singapore Discovery Centre
I would like to thank Yi Rong, and all the other committee members for making Briefing Day a success.
The day started off with me jumping out of my bed and realising I was late. Taing a quick shower and I chiong off to school in a cab. To my horror, I forgot to take my keys with me, and I had to go back home to retrieve even though I was already in Marine Parade.
When I reached school, everyone was already there. I ran to the D and T workshop and open the door and retrieved the things we had already packed the day before.
Journey to SDC on our bus was great. Cheers done our fellow IT Club member was great and the morale was high while Yi Rong and I rehearsed. Upon reaching there. We took our stuff and we ran over to the registration table. Barely ready, schools have already started arriving. We quickly set up the theatre, and Yi Rong rehearsed one last time before the presentation began. This was followed by Mr Martin Hong's presentation and then Mr Ivan Lim.
After that, Yi Rong briefly went through his presentation and started clearing people from the auditorium. The NEWDC participants came in and they settled down. It was my turn. told myself not to be nervous and rehearsed one last time. I went up there, and shit, mental block.
I started by saying retarded things like, 'Can I have your attention pls.' Introduced myself and followed by Mr Colin Tan's presentation. After that I gave my briefing on some important stuff, and the NS ppl needed the auditorium, and we release the participants for their free and easy time. We went for our free and easy as well, and Mr Tan Yi Rong was kind enough to treat me to the shooting gallery.
We went back school at 12.30, and reached around 1.20. Had our debriefing and following by the Victorian Anthem. Did a spelling cheer, a VS Unite, and a VS spirit. After that I took the loud hailer and started singing Welcome to the Black Parade. Went home after packing up.
Pictures will be posted up later.
Posted by trey at 2:10 PM

