Monday, March 12, 2007

Sec 3 Overseas Adventure Camp 2007

Its been a while since I last posted, so I guess this will be a long long post to make up to you guys. Since I posted so late about the camp, I have the advantage of quoting from many sources. Muhaha.

Day 1 (5/3/07)

The day started off just like any other day, of course some Sec 3s were excited about the camp, but most of them don't look forward to the camp. After morning assembly and other long stupid admin stuff, we finally set off to our campsite at Kahang Organic Rice Farm, Kluang, Johor. The 4 hour long journey proved to be good rest for all those who stayed up late the night before, just like what I did before LTC, making blogskins and ended up sleeping at 3 am in the morning.

"Basically, the scenery was pretty unique, much different from Singapore. Alot of kampungs, mountains, plantations and basically lots of things you don't see in Singapore. Was wide awake at first as the scenery was something that I seldom saw..."

-Quoted from Daniel Tan Cheng Hiong, http://hell-breaks-loose.blogspot.com/

Actually it wasn't unique to me anymore. In fact I think its true for all my LTC mates out there. To me, that is actually the senery of doom. Looking at all those just means that I'll have more time to spend with the flies and going away from modern civilisation and away from wonderful machine called the computer and of course, away from the comfortable bouncy bed back at home.

Upon reaching the campsite, the Malaysian sun immediately greeted us with its powerful handshake called the solar energy or whatever you call it (Im not good with science stuff).

"A mere insect had taken the reins of our dietary lives. Abhorred, disgusted at and extremely unpopular, they continued their immensely irritating routine- takeoff, land, takeoff, land. And us as their airstrips had to shake ourselves every few seconds.

Yea, the mere insect is the fly. That would be a major, major understatement though. Perhaps it's because there was not just one fly, but many, many of them. Looking at the person beside you and their radial space would proof barf-worthy. They existed in hundreds! How on earth could the kampong people share their lives with these horrible creatures?

It has gone to the stage whereby Nicholas Wong is now disgusted with the people rather than the flies for the very fact that they could live with it."

-Quoted from Weng Keong (Big Fat Smiles), http://bigfatsmiles.blogspot.com/

We went inside the dining area, to quickly swallow down our lunch. Of course, not forgetting my goo dfriends, called the flies. I made friends with the ones at Mawai Eco Camp, so I guess these are the distanted relatives.

After lunch, we set off to get our bedrooms up, sharing a room with Nat, Darell, Terence and Ban Liang. We had a pretty big bedroom with 2 long poles, 1 short pole, 1 fly sheet, 1 canvas, and it was 'heaven', not to mention that Mr Imran revealed to us about his chalet and hot shower there. If you're dumb enough, the bedroom we had was actually tents.

Anyways, after setting up it was a stupid talk followed by some bonding activities. Come to think of it, the head prefect owes me a drink. Muahaha. After our bonding activites we went for our dinner. Dinner was crap except for the curry mutton. After dinner was some campfire preps and off to bed are we.

My tentmates and I were talking, and they stopped for a while, and I fell asleep.

Day 2 (6/3/07)

Woke at 6am, thanks to Jim who was going around to wake people up. Stupid. Anyway, woke up at 6.20, went to the toilet and rushed to morning PT. Did lots of starjump, and it was retarded. He made us pump on the hardrocks, which was totally stupid.

After PT was the breakfast. Had some nasi lemak, which was like omg omg. Some decent food finally. However, we only had 5 mins so we rushed through our breakfast. After that some stupi orinteering. They screwed our bearing and made us walk here and there, and all or energy was wasted lorx. Then we all went for lunch and it was bamboo rafting! It was FunFunFun. Enjoyed it the most sia.

I never fall into water sia. After that we had a bamboo rafting race between the classes and we won! Haha. Good job Imran, Terence, Chun and Gordon. Gordon was the funniest sia. Haha.

After that was building the raft or something. Hated that activity. Anw stupid Zheng Yu went to bath without waitng and caused the whole group to wait him, and he delayed our time by 20mins. Stupid. Anyway had pretty bad sunburns. Went for a quick bath and dinner! Had our nightwalk after dinner.

The nightwalk wasn't scary at all, but Max was attempting some stunts by trying to scare ppl, which unfortunately he managed to succeed. After our nightwalk we sat down, and soon Mr Imran came to bring us to another side and talked to us. Quite fun sia.

After that had our debrief and some stupid bunk check. Luckily my tent survived. Drifted off to dreamland after that.

Day 3 (7/3/07)

Sorry I cant be bothered to type in great detail anymore.

Went for a short morning PT followed by breakfast, and started off my 2nd favourite day at the camp. Went for the Asli Water Obtascles after breakfast and it was super fun. Looking at people drop into water is so fun.

"Mr Wong Liang Seng.. he's damn sadistic. :P He stand outside the obstacle course and laughed at whoever who fell off the obstacle course."

-Quoted from Daniel Tan Cheng Hiong, http://hell-breaks-loose.blogspot.com/

Now you know how lame VS people are, teachers and students included.

After that had our water polo match, which was very very fun also. My group won this as well. Haha. After that cleaned up and went for lunch. After lunch prepared ourselves for the Mountain Climb, which is my 3rd one as well.

"Woke up, had breakfast then set off on the trip to Gunung Lambak for the mountain climb. It was super fun, mainly because it was tiring. The climb up was so much more fulfilling than the LTC climb but the view, sadly, was a big disappointment.

It was a view of the surrounding countryside and it was quite crappy. It definitely couldn't beat the view from the mountain we climbed in LTC - breathtaking. The South China Sea, the islands.

The climb down, ironically, was more difficult than the climb up. The gradient was pretty steep so I had to use more force to stop instead of the climb. And inertia is difficult to overcome I tell you. Thank God for the kluangdidas. Gave me one heck of a grip on the ground. =)"

-Quoted from Danial, http://watashiwa-jyugo.blogspot.com/

Yups, the view from the top totally sucks. Some classmates had trouble getting down the mountain, and through this incident I realised that the red shirts in our class were really great, and most of them went back up the mountain to help out.

After getting back to camp had our dinner and campfire. Our campfire item would have been really great if not for me.

"Regarding our class performance for the skit.. it totally sucked.. Cos' we didn't prepare it properly at all. :P It was actually done impromptu and was actually pretty hilarious (due to Tamim and Linus) but because of Kay Fong's horrible "hosting".. it went down the drain. Lol.. Quote from Linus, "Thank you Tamim for all your insightful thoughts and ASSORTED CRAP" LOL.. (okay.. I changed the sentence abit but the Assorted Crap was the main point) He said it to the live audience and judges btw.. "

-Quoted from Daniel Tan Cheng Hiong, http://hell-breaks-loose.blogspot.com/

Sorry larh, I got stage fright.

After this was debriefing and we went to sleep. Sorry I got no time to type my last day so I goping the whole thing from Daniel.

Day 4 (8/5/07)

"Finally, morning came and the first thing we did was to pack up our tents. Yayy. Finally we were gonna go home! Lol. The tent-packing was again dramatic.. We didn't really know how to fold the tent properly and so we anyhow folded and try to squeezed the totally huge tent folded up into the tiny tiny bag. We actually did it! With alot of brute force, we zipped it up. Then we found out that we had to open it and put more stuff inside. We were in like despair but we managed to in the end, squeeze in everything. :P The tent bag looked like it was gonna pop though. After that, another Nasi Lemak breakfast before we FINALLY left the camp. Another excruciating 4 hour bus ride to Singapore. Once we crossed the Causeway.. I was like.. so overwhelmed. So DAMN RELIEVED to be back in Singapore.. "

-Quoted from Daniel Tan Cheng Hiong, http://hell-breaks-loose.blogspot.com/

Yups, went for IT Club after camp and found out they playing floorball, so joined them for a while and went home.

This camp allowed me to know my classmates better, and got slightly closer to my friends.

I realised that alot of us changed. Changed a lot. Going to Sec 3 changes people after all. Not only the VS friends, but my HIPS friends as well. Wish you guys the best in your senior year anyway.

Whee, what a long post. Hopefully the pics will be uploaded soon.

Posted by trey at 11:13 PM

Trey.





Trash Talk.



Twitter

Links.

Blogs

+ Cheryl Lee
+ David Alex
+ Erlianna Kartika
+ Geraldine Lam
+ Gordon Bong
+ Grace Chan
+ Jacq
+ Jia Han
+ Jing Wen
+ Kah Jun
+ Nat Koh
+ Ryan Lim
+ Theresa Syn
+ Yi Qi
+ Yun Wei

Tumblr

+ Alicia Tan
+ Chai
+ Chloe Ho
+ Gordon Bong
+ Grace Chan
+ Jacq
+ Randall Sim
+ Ryan Lim
+ Theresa Syn
+ Theon Leong
+ Trey
+ Yun Wei

Others

+ Deuxigns
+ Facebook
+ Twitter


I cant remember anyone else's blog. Put a link up in the tagboard?

My Past.

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
April 2011
May 2011
July 2011


Current Favourites.

The Killers - Read My Mind

On the corner of main street
Just tryin' to keep it in line
You say you wanna move on and
You say I'm falling behind

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

I never really gave up on
Breakin' out of this two-star town
I got the green light
I got a little fight
I'm gonna turn this thing around

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The good old days, the honest man;
The restless heart, the Promised Land
A subtle kiss that no one sees;
A broken wrist and a big trapeze

Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind
Cause I don't shine if you don't shine
Before you go, can you read my mind?

It’s funny how you just break down
Waitin' on some sign
I pull up to the front of your driveway
With magic soakin' my spine

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The teenage queen, the loaded gun;
The drop dead dream, the Chosen One
A southern drawl, a world unseen;
A city wall and a trampoline

Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind
Cause I don't shine if you don't shine
Before you jump
Tell me what you find?
When you read my mind?

Slippin’ in my faith until I fall
You never returned that call
Woman, open the door, don't let it sting
I wanna breathe that fire again
She said
I don't mind, if you don't mind
Cause I don't shine if you don't shine

Put your back on me
Put your back on me
Put your back on me

The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun
When you read my mind



© iamebeno