Friday, April 20, 2007
National X-Country 2007: After
In assembly
[Cross Country Team announces the results]
Mr Maran - There is a core value among our core values, which the cross country team have displayed this year.
[Everyone wondering]
Mr Maran - Its compassion. Victoria have been on a winning streak for so many years. This year we decided to show compassion to other schools.
[Whole school burst into laughter]
Mr Maran - Don't worry we won't show any compassion next year.
In Chemistry Class
[Everyone doing worksheet]
Linus - Mdm Farrah
Tamim - Yes?
[Linus about to ask his question]
Linus - Wait a min, are you even Mdm Farrah?
VS lost in National X-Country this year. Obvious we didn' feel very happy about the lost, but nonetheless the X Country team did a great job out there.
Im a junior leader this year, so all JLs have to go to turf city early to put banners. Me, Chang Da, Clement and Senior Gabriel went even earlier to 'book' the seats, but to our horror Hwa Chong went there the day before, so some good seats got snatched away.
At first I thought hang banners very fast one, but apparantly it took us 5 hours because there was a 127m long banner. After that went for our lunch break and soon after we came back the Sec 1s started arriving.
At about 3.30, the event started and we cheered hard for the runners. The event ended at about 7 and we went to pack up until 8. During the speling cheer, the one we always do after our Victorian Anthem, 2 people got injured and all the black and red shirts were pissed.
'The people I'm slightly disappointed with are the secondary ones and twos. Even though they were there, they didn't cheer with enough enthusiasm and volume. The red shirts had to strain ourselves and shout loud enough to raise the volumes. It's like one red shirt is shouting for 10 juniors.
As a result, we got reprimanded a few times. But I guess the black shirts are... Stressed enough too.
But, then again, they majority of them are the secondary ones so I guess that can be forgiven slightly since they've not been fully integrated into the Victorian culture yet.The secondary twos did try to cheer - some of them anyway.
The ones that I'm the most disappointed with are the secondary threes. Out of the approximately 400 in the level, less than a class turned up. No one from 3E. I am not happy about that. What kind of examples are the secondary threes trying to set?If you have a valid reason, I guess you're excused but if you didn't come because you were too lazy or just couldn't be fucking bothered then, honestly, you're one heck of a fucked up person.'
Quoted from Danial - http://watashiwa-jyugo.blogspot.com/
I agree with Danial on this. I was very disappointed with the Sec 3s. Some of them who didn't even come and support the school were complaining about Mr Low not giving us a half day.
Anyways, met up with my cousin after the event and went for dinner. Apparantly when we were walking to the bus bay, Clement, Walter, Jun Cong, Zhen Xian, Linus they all saw me, and were ohhing because my cousin is a she.
Went to mos burger for dinner and went home from toa payoh after that.
3 cheers for all the red shirts and black shirts. Yeah.
Posted by trey at 3:37 PM

