Saturday, June 30, 2007
N-E-R-V-O-U-S
Like my title said. I'm super duper nervous. In like less than 5 hours, I'll be in school again.
NEWDC/NEVC Finals. Ah!!
I think everything prepare ler, but somehow I have the I'm-so-going-to-screw-up feeling. Nonetheless, I have confidence in myself. Throughout the course of organising this competition, I realised that I learnt 3 important things.
1. Make fast and precise decision in unexpected situations
Common sense tells you that unexpected situation usually require immediate attention.
Eg. One of the laptop for presentation spoiled.
Do: Just get a new laptop asap from any available sources you can find.
Don't: Doubt yourself and say 'I go check with xxx.'
2. A good impression with 1 or 2 screw up is much better than a bad impression with a few well-done-job.
Be confident of yourself, as it will be the measurement of ability other people see in you on first impression. First impression counts a lot.
Eg. Meeting your sponsors for a certain event.
Do: Know your own proposal at your fingertips, and let the sponsor know your needs.
Don't: Start flipping through your own proposal and read directly. Or even worse, say 'Don't know or not sure'
If met with a question you really don't know, make an assumption and get back to them later after you have confirmed. At least people know that you can give them reliable information.
3. Be professional
Be clear of where you are heading, not just walking blindly and waiting for directions.
Guess I'll go sleep now. Have to wake up at 5am tommorrow.
Posted by trey at 2:52 AM

