Saturday, October 13, 2007
Trust
Was reading around coz I was too bored, and found this on a friend's blog by chance
In a bus,
i trust the bus driver to take us to our destination safely.
i trust the bus driver when he tells me :" No, this bus goes to kovan and hougang MRT station only."
i trust my friend next to me to wake me up before i miss my stop.
i trust the person sitting behind me not to kick my chair.
i trust the people around me not to make a din so i can slp.
i trust the people boarding the bus not to hold up the bus for too long.see.?
In a bus, theres so much trust.
for things we cant control, we TRUST.
And it sort of triggered me to write this.
There are many things in our lifes which we have no control over. When you hand something important to a person, you have to believe that he will do it.
O yes, you may nag at him, try and inspire him, talk to him, in attempt to increase the chances of him doing the piece of work you handed over to him.
But in the end, you gotta believe him that he will do it.
This is something which I had fail terribly at. My trust towards my peers that they will do the job, my trust towards the juniors that they will obey the rules, my trust towards my friends whom I had told a secret to, my trust for these people are almost to zero.
I'm not sure why, perhaps due to circumstances, perhaps it's my character, but if I do not even trust anyone, I will never succeed in life.
A nation can't function if the people do not trust in the government
A company can't function if the boss don't trust his subordinates
A school can't function if the students do not trust the teachers
A marriage will not work out if husband and wife do not trust each other
A person will not succeed if he do not trust himself that he can do it
Posted by trey at 9:48 PM

