Saturday, November 10, 2007
广州南海执信中学
我回来了!
The trip was really really fun. I mean like, it's way better than how I would picture it to be like. Yeah like what Drew said, people bump into you, they spit, but it's their culture. That's just how thye live their life. That's why we are there, to see how people there live.
So on Day 1, we visited the Wong Fei Hong Martial Arts thingy and watched some lion dance. It was really good, and the small boy there was actually 14. I pictured him to be like 7/8?
Went up to the Xi Qiao Shan after that. I love the feeling up there. It was so cooling, the wind will blow against you so strongly, and the Goddess of Mercy was so big. We all walked 3 rounds around it for good luck, and I think we really had pretty good luck throughout the trip.
Went back to the hostel to get ready for dinner. Guess what, the hostel is like a chalet. It was damn big, 5 rooms with 1 toilet each, a damn big living room with a plasma tv with disco lights. There were aircons everywhere too. Yeah so we were allocated our room. I shared a room with Anthoni. After this went for dinner. The food wasn't so good, but it's ok really, the teachers and the students are all eating the same food. After dinner was the 'Meet the buddy' session. I was paired with Xu Gen. She's quite nice larh. I realised that Zheng Xian, Drew Lim and I happened to be in the same class. Haha. So we went to their class and the teacher had a mini welcome for us. After that went back to our hostel. Saw Jan Jia Yi as well. I remembered her when she came over to Singapore coz she was very cute and bubbly.
Day 2 was fun. Yeah went for 1 period of lessons and went to learn paper cutting. Their lesson rocks man. 1 period is 40 mins and every lesson has a 10 min break. Anyways, paper cutting was really fun larh, and after went for 2 more periods of lesson before it was lunch time. After lunch we had our free time until 2.30 where we went for lesson until 3.10 and we went for kite flying. It was really fun, and after some time of flying kites, we talked to Jan Jia Yi and Candy. That was where I knew Candy as well, and Jan remembered me from her trip. Talked and ad lots of fun and that was where Taufik had his fanclub. Haha everyone wanted his signature and wanted to take photos with him. They were basically crowding around him.
So we talked and talked and finally, it was time to go for dinner. After dinner it was lantern making kinda thing. The lantern was supposed to be able to fly upwards but the wind was too strong, so all our lantern got burnt instead.
Went back to hostel and had some fun making Mutabak. Shall reveal that later.
Day 3 was cool as well. Went to lesson as usual. Mr Quek said something on Day 3 morning, and for the rest of the trip he was our dad and Miss Sheika was our mum. He said that he felt as if he's our father, sending his children to school. So we called him dad and someone asked 'Who's the mum' Miss Sheika was the obvious choice so we called her mum. She played along and told us to be back for lunch and dinner will be ready at 5.
After 1 period of lesson we went for some mask drawing lesson. Drew a really ugly and painted it. Went for more lesson and it was lunch. After lunch was break for us, and to prepare to go to a buddy's house for dinner. I paired with Zheng Xian to his buddy's house, Wei Cong's house. They were really nice people, and they took us to a resturant to eat. We had a private room and the table was big enough for 12 people. We had chicken feed shoup, some abalone, some steak, and some really nice egg tarts and yam. I can't remember all the food that we had, but the meal will easily cost more than 200 or 300 SGD.
Went up the Xi Qiao Shan for the night senery. It was really beautiful. Went to do some shopping at a Mall near our school. Bought a set of earphones and a 1GB M2 for my phone. The M2 was really cheap larh, SGD56 for a 1GB. Sent us back to school at 9pm. Since not everyone is back yeah, Zheng Xian and I went to the boys dorm and we took photos in their dorms with the people there.
Went back to our hostel and we played some games among ourselves. Played 2 games of Mafia and thought it was too boring, so we played Truth or Dare, and went to sleep at 2am.
Day 4 was our outing trip. Went to this museum. It was really nice. After that went to the brother school of this school that is hosting us. The campus was really big. As usual, the people there were really warm. They hosted lunch for us and it was really good. It was resturant class kind of thing. I forgot to mention about our guides. They are really nice and they took good care of us as well.
After lunch, we went for shopping at the Beijing Road. Most of the stuff there were fakes, but I bought a watch there. It's really nice and I like it. Went for dinner on a boat. It was buffet but I didn't really like it. Went back to the hostel and washed up. Didn't really play much cause everyone was tired. We had to sleep at 11 coz we woke up too late in the morning.
Day 5 was the best day, and also the saddest day. Had lesson with them until lunch, and went to a chinese herbs lesson. Had lunch and went to a pottery factory. Dropped by at a mall where I bought a Addidas pouch. Went back to school to wash up and also get my sweater signed. All of us bought their school sweater which was only SGD 11. Wrote my name on my own sweater.
Went for a party held by the school. It was really great. In the game I played in, I was made to sing, and I think I sang really horrible. But everyone cheered anyways. Haha. The VS boys sang a song called 'The Guardian Angel' and also did a VS Unite. As the party was coming to an end, we were asked to talk about our feelings. People started crying. Candy and Jan cried pretty hard. Taufik and Endy cried as well. It was a really sad moment. Jan and Candy walked us back to our hostel. Took pictures along the way. Back in our hostel, people continued crying. I received a letter from Jan and Candy each. Read it and it was really nice. Jan said I looked like Mt. Everest in the letter. My face got a bit warm but I didn't cry yet. I decided to write a letter back to them so borrowed paper from Yi Qi.
Day 6, where we had to leave. We were all really sad. We went up to their classes to say good bye. We were invited to sit in Jan's class, and the teacher played a song. Tears started flowing from my eyes. They came down to the assembly area to send us off, and we took some pictures there. Jan and Candy cried again. I held on to my tears. I couldn't cry. If I did, they will cry even harder. So they had to go already. After they left, the tears came out. Before we left, took a group photo at their school and boarded the bus to leave for the airport.
Decided to start writing about the journey back, and send the letter to them when I get back. Kept writing and writing, and the letter was like 6 pages long on foolscap paper. Gonna send it out later. Taufik told me that he had to sleep on the plane, coz if not, he will feel sad whenever he think of the people who were crying for him and he will feel like crying as well. Hafizin cried alot as well.
Overall, the trip was really great. I'll miss the weather there, the people there. I'll miss Jan, Candy, JT. These people were really nice to us, and of course, all the students there. Yeah pictures next time. I need to get the pictures from Zheng Xian first.
Posted by trey at 12:58 PM

