Thursday, November 01, 2007
Evening of Music and Drama
BOO! now I got your attention (Copied from Daniel) Sorry for not updating for so long. I know that you guys missed me
Went for EMD held at VS once every 2 years. A show well worth the $7
Of course, even if it was 10, I'll still go
Perhaps those who went for the show would agree with me
It totally rocks!
Kudos to Linus, Glen, Li Zhi and everyone who made the show a SUCCESS!
I mean like, it was 'Woah'. I totally enjoyed myself
Ok so I reached school at around 6.50pm, met Daniel and the rest @ the auditorium
Went in and sat, and the show started. First it was a band called...(Didn't catch the name) But they were really great. 2 of them were ex-victorians, and I knew one of them, Visakan
Yeah they went on the play 3 songs. Yeah it was really really nice larh, but the bass was abit too heavy for a small auditorium like ours
After that was a skit called 'Madman on the Roof'
I didn't really understand the skit, but it was great effort nonetheless. They were very good in their acting, and the priest didn't looked shy at all. Haha, those who went will know what I'm talking about
Sorry forgot to take pictures for this one
After the skit was performance by our very own *drumroll*
VS CHOIR
When the curtain opened, some gundo suddenly shouted 'PENG HOCK!'
He was playing the piano. Haha
The members were sited in a very causal manner, dress in their usual
No pics as well =(
After the Choir's great performance, it was the beautiful crescent girls(as said by the Emcee) turn to perform. Their skit was really really funny. I totally LMAO throughout the whole thing
There was a girl acting as someone's husband, and she had this same line throughout the whole skit. It was something like 'Yeah, ok' in a very 'I-totally-don't-care' manner
This line repeated so many times that the audience started to say the line for her. Quite fun larh. Nonetheless, great acting from the Crescent Girls School, and when I say great, it was really really great
Went for an intermission and carried on with the show after a break
Coming back from the break, it was CO's turn to perform. The 3 Sec 3s (Alphonsus, Yang En, Vincent) really played very well. The 2 Sec 2s, Emersius and Bryan(Daniel's nephew), were abit off esp the flute. But then again, flute is hard to play I heard, and to be able to even perform on stage is already very good, so credits for that
After the 5-man part it was a bigger group liaoz. Max was on the drums, and the whole CO played pretty well also
(From the left: Bryan, Emersius, Alphonsus, Yang En, Vincent)
So after that I think it was another skit called the 'Twelfth Night'. I think it was the best of the whole concert, not only because GaGa was in a dress, but the actors really gave it their all, and the whole skit was humorous and entertaining
The narrator was pretty entertaining as well. Yeah
Finally it was the concert band's turn. They had a part where a few people would each have their turn at a solo, and it was really cool
After that, the concert ended off with the usual Victorian Anthem and the VS Unite. Cheered pretty loudly, and I enjoyed it
Went for dinner at Cafe Cartel @ Siglap Centre with Daniel, Zhong Yi, Zheng Xian, Zheng Yu and Andrew Lim
The dinner was great. On the way there, we saw a KFC. So we were saying that Zheng Xian thinks the KFC is Cafe Cartel because 'KaFeCartel'. LMAO
We ordered the St Louis Ribs, as in 6 sets of it, one for each of us. The ribs were HUGE. There was like an average of 9 bones/person
The GIGANTIC Ribs
Plus, we ordered the full meals, meaning an extra 3.60 for each of us for a soup of the day, free flow of bread and a drink each
Being the kiasu Singaporean we were, we took ALOT of bread. Not only because we kiasu, the bread was really nice with the butter on it. And the 'Cream of Mushroom' is like the best I have drank
So I was kinda half full before the Ribs came. Yeah. After finishing the Ribs, I was totally bloated! TOTALLY.
But Andrew told them to give us abit more bread, but I think he find us too troublesome because we kept calling him for this and that, so the guy there gave us a loaf of bread. Can't really blame that guy larh. We keep calling for more water, more butter, more bread, more tissue, more sauce, more this and that
When the bill came, it amounted to $120, but with Zheng Xian's membership card, t was 10% so do the maths yourself. Haha. Even though I knew that I only had $10 with me, I shamelessly ordered the same food as them, which was like $20, but being very good friends, they cover here cover there and I only paid 10! THANKS BUDDIES!
Joked alot over dinner as well. Zhong Yi, Andrew, Zheng Yu were sitted together, so we were trying to portray that Zhong Yi took up a lot of space. XD
Zhong Yi(White) so fat, leaving Andew and Zheng Yu with no space
Zhong Yi looks constipated there, or maybe he saw a chiobu or something. Haha
It's been so long since I had such a great dinner with my friends, esp with them. Totally enjoyed myself today. Haha.
I realised that my dressing sense (if there's such a word) is really damn bad. Haha. Gonna get new clothes real soon. Whee, flying to panda land on Sunday morning. Anyone wants to send me off?
Posted by trey at 11:59 PM

