Friday, October 24, 2008
Music
Today was the start of our Nov/Dev holidays. Looking back, much happened this year. Not that the year is over already, but so much happened already
I started playing drums this year, and took the music that I listen to on a different level. Watched my juniors run the club, got through NEWDC/NEVC while I tried to guide them. Looking at my friends mug and prepare for their O's, when I'm supposed to be doing the same. Got reacquainted with some old friends, and all of a sudden we all became part of each other's life. Got my first taste at a real heartbreak, fell into it, got out of it, as a even stronger man
After all these, I realised what mattered to me the most, something that will never change in me, something that will always remain truthful to me
Music, one thing that I'm deeply passionate about. It's a feeling that I've never felt before. Never in my life I've been so dedicated to something. I love it as much as I love myself, as much as I love my friends, as much as I love that someone whom I care about deeply, or perhaps even more. Perhaps I love music more than I love anything else
I know that my drums will never lie to me. I control what I play, I have full control over my drums, and I'll get better and better. I think I've only mentioned it to a few people. I want to be a professional drummer, to play not only on stages in Singapore, but to bring my music onto international level, to play on world class stage. Reading Slash's book gave me even more inspiration that I can make it, that I can do it, as long as I believe in myself hard enough
When I play drums, I can feel myself interacting with the kit, I can relate my problems to her, and she will respond to what I tell her, with beautiful notes coming from her body. The sound of the kit, excites me so much that I can't resist
Farhan seems to agree with me. He also said, the last thing drummers will ever do, is to give up on their drums
I believe that one day, I can make my dream come true
Posted by trey at 8:52 PM

