Monday, June 22, 2009
...and Cards
Some of you would know, I play a little with cards myself. I only have a deck of Vintage 1800s Red Back and Shadow Masters from Bicycle myself. I've tried the Ghost deck, the Tiger deck, the Black Tiger and Tally-Ho Viper as well, but all these cards have 1 thing in common
They're bloody expensive
I got my Vintage and Shadow Masters at SGD 15 each. It's sounds pretty alright. But for someone like me who do not handle cards the best way, they get worn out pretty quickly. After these cards are worn out, it's like saying bye bye to my money
Fortunately for me, I found a suitable alternative. The Aladdin 1001 standards, specifically the Air Cushion, which I swear to my balls it almost felt like Bicycle Cards
I was reading up on cards yesterday, and I came across this American dude who was like hunting for Aladdin 1001 cards. So, I took my own Aladdin out, and tried fanning. This deck I have, is at least 6 years old. It's an Aladdin 1001 Blue Back, Smooth Finish

And it fans like a champ
I was like totally surprised, and I played with it for quite a while
I went to look at where I can get Aladdins in Singapore on google, and it was available in most 7-11. I went down to buy 2 decks, 1 Smooth Finish and 1 Air Cushion

Blue is Smooth Finish, Red is Air Cushion

Blue and Red Backs

Red Fan!

Blue Fan!
I have to say, the fanning is great with both, but it felt better with Air Cushion. The Air Cushion cards are much more similar to Bicycle cards. You can see lines on the cards, if you get what I mean
The best part?
It's SGD 4.50 for 1 deck, so I won't feel the pinch even if I abuse the cards =)
Posted by trey at 8:26 PM

