Friday, June 26, 2009
Bless all who still believe in Rock

I came home, logged on to Facebook, looked through some status, to see that people are saying the King of Pop is gone
Read some news online, to find out that Michael Jackson had passed on. For a moment, my heart sank. I'm not sure if I can even be called a fan. Yeah I liked a few songs, like Billie Jean, Beat It, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, and not forgetting his sleek dance moves, which never fails to amaze me
But I guess it stops there. His music is great, but I'm just not a great fan. Personal preferences I guess
Yet I feel a lot about his death. In my opinion, he had some great songs. No, those songs are classics, timeless records, that will continue to live on for a long time to come. Just like Sweet Child O' Mine, Enter Sandman, Girls Girls Girls, Kickstart My Heart, We Are The Champion, Bohemian Rhapsody and many others
Musicians who wrote all these songs, made a difference. How many artists in this era of ours have written songs like this, that can stay on radio for more than 20, 30 years, and still growing strong
Crap artist like Miley Cyrus and Sean Kingston, make a song, which may stay on a person's playlist for 2 weeks, 1 month if she's lucky, and after that people just go eww, I'm sick of it already
Sometimes, I really wish I was born in the 70's, so that I'll be old enough to appreciate, and enjoy the great music from the 80's, and bands that I love now, had the peak of their career in the 80's and 90's
Gun N' Roses, were peaked in the late 80's to the early 90's
Metallica, had one of their best live shows in 1989
Motley Crue, one of the glam bands in the 80's
Queen, Freddie played one of his last shows with Queen in 1986
Although I was not born when Freddie passed on, I still feel it for the world. I was looking at some of the live videos of Queen's concert when Freddie was still alive, and I could still feel his music coming through. That was how strong he was
Freddie's gone. Michael's gone. Jimi's gone. Elvis's gone. I wonder what will I feel when the news comes out that musicians like James Hetfield (Metallica), Slash (Velvet Revolver), Brian May (Queen), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day), Carlos Santana (Santana) have passed on
These news, will come sooner or later, but love them, and love their music. They may not live forever, but their music will stay
Rest In Peace Michael
And to all the people in the world who still believe in Rock
Bless you, keep rocking \m/
Posted by trey at 4:03 PM

